B1RL 24k Gold Plating Solution 1L
This cyanide-free plating formula produces beautiful results in a much safer and environmentally-friendly formula. The days of cyanide-based plating are over. Not just safer but a higher quality surface finish. Cyanide-free means higher corrosion resistance over silver or even brass substrates. Slower oxidisation! Unlimited shelf life! Even after months of use, it produces an unchanging colour. This product works cold, perfect for small jobs or repair-work. No waiting for the plating to heat up.
Beautiful plating results in a much safer and environmentally-friendly formula.
- Weight: 1.14 kg
- Gold Content: 0.8 g
- Anode required: Stainless Steel (at surface ratio of 2:1 of anodic surface)
- Suitable for: Rack or barrel plating
- Bath size: 500ml – 100 Litres
- pH: 7.5 – 8.5
- Plating temperature: Room Temperature up to 45 degrees C (115 degrees F)
- Rectifier requirement: DC; minimum 10v; minimum 3amps up to 50amps. Low ripple.
- Deposition speed: 0.15 micron in 30 seconds
- Thickness: up to 1 micron
B1RL is the safest way to gold plate – here’s why:
With the B1RL formula, Durston Tools and TWL are bringing the most up-to-date science into your plating operation.
- No cyanide release. B1RL technically contains a trace amount of cyanide in the form of potassium gold cyanide. This is cyanide that is chemically bonded to the gold. All alloy and conducting salts contain no cyanides at all. They are 100% cyanide free. Under even adverse plating conditions there is no cyanide release.
- No strong acids. B1RL is near neutral pH so it doesn’t pose the risks of acid gold or strong basic solutions.
- Safer temperatures. Low operating temperatures (65 – 110 F) means no risk of burns from hot solutions.
- Cyanide-free pen plating. Pen-work requires technicians to be very close to the work surface. Make it a priority to protect yourself during this precision work. The pen plating products are cyanide free – meaning a safer work environment.
Please Note: Shipping times are extended on this item as it is a special order. Estimated arrival within 5-7 working days.